I had my interview at Weight Watchers today and it went well. I spoke with the area manager for about 45 minutes and then they welcomed me right in. Now I'm waiting for some paperwork to come in the mail and I'll be ready to start training in early June. It's the exact timing I was hoping for way back in January.
After work I had Crossfit, which was typical Crossfit, which is to say it was amazing. We did a lot of work on pull-ups and deadlifts and I tore the hell out of my hands. It's totally Crossfit cliche to post it to facebook, but I won't be that gauche. I'll just leave it here. :P
I got no pity from the trainer, either. "Aw, they're not even bleeding." Thanks, guy.
Grady and I both hit a big milestone today, it was the first time either of us did the workout "rx'ed" or as prescribed. We used the full weight for the deadlifts (135# for me and 285# for him) and didn't scale anything down. So it took forever to complete it, and I had to wrap my hand in duct tape, and I am going to be so sore, but it was so fun.
Hi! I'm Jennifer. I am a 36-year-old Air Force veteran and a graduate student at the University of Georgia. I have been a Lifetime Member at Weight Watchers since April, 2011, and I have been blogging my weight-loss experience semi-regularly since I began in January, 2010. I am currently employed as a receptionist at Weight Watchers, but the opinions expressed in this blog and its related pages are my own.
Wednesday, May 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

ouch! and duck tape? I'm guessing gloves aren't very crossfit?
ReplyDeleteI have gloves and I could wear them, but yeah, nobody really does. I don't think you can grip as well with them on. What is very Crossfit is duct tape. I was kind of spacing out when I was taping my hand at the front desk (I was still in the middle of my workout and pretty out of it) and I snapped out of it when I realized two very fit, shirtless guys were laughing and nodding approvingly at what I was doing.
ReplyDeletehahaha that's great! You're so hardcore you're using ducktape instead of gloves!
ReplyDelete