Monday, May 2, 2011

Can't Get Enough of that Trail

I went running on the trails behind the lake again this morning for 40 minutes. I wore running clothes and shoes and stowed all my gear in a locker at the Ramsey Center so I was able to run full out. It was a lot of fun. It is a little bit annoying that there is no one obvious trail but rather everything kind of just weaves in and out of each other and there's no rhyme or reason to it. I ended up going around in circles and doubling-back a lot which made it hard to just lose myself in the run, but at least it kept it interesting and made the time go by quicker. Hopefully with more practice I'll get to know the area better and I'll know ahead of time which turns to make for a 30-minute run, or 40-minute, or whatever I'm in the mood for. I do definitely need to get some real trail-running shoes. I turned my ankle more than once today and I wasn't even going all that fast. It's a bit precarious out there. I love it!

I screwed up on Grady's exam schedule, and we are doing Crossfit MWF this week after all, so I still have that to look forward to today. I'm going to be sore as hell tomorrow so I better give myself a rest day. We'll see what I'm in the mood for.

No comments:

Post a Comment