I tried something new on my four-mile run today. Instead of music, I listened to a Jillian Michaels podcast. It was pretty fun. I like listening to her show, but when I try it at work I get distracted by the computer and other people. On the road it's like in the car, no distractions, just the show to pass the time. I didn't have an abundance of energy throughout the run, but I don't know whether that had to do with the lack of music or the soul-crushing heat. Either way, I had no problem slowing down to a walk a couple times and catching my breath and just enjoying being outdoors.
We did not go to the river today as originally planned. Our weekends are pretty full up with events and driving and we decided to give ourselves and our car (and our wallets) a break and stay in town this weekend. We still have the Weight Watchers 5K and a friend's art event to go to tomorrow.
I do need to get out on the water pretty soon, though. I'm getting tan lines from my running tops and I need to get outside in a swimsuit. Despite all my issues with my weight, I have never let myself be self-conscious in a bathing suit. I'm a very strong swimmer and I love the water and the sunshine on my skin so much. It's my absolute favorite feeling, cellulite be damned! I do need to get one that fits, though. I've been rocking my favorite size-14 suit since I got it in Pensacola in 2005. I think it might be time to retire it.
Anyway, I'm doing fine this weekend. Catching up on stuff at home and eating great. I am seeing some of my lowest numbers so far on my home scale, and that just helps keep me inspired to keep it up for my weigh-in on Tuesday.
No comments:
Post a Comment