Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Weekend

I've been having a great long weekend at home with Grady. Friday we had Crossfit, and when we got home we grilled out on the patio for the first time this year. Grady's brother was home and the three of us had a great time staying out with the dogs and eating and playing cards. It stayed light out so long that when we came in from the dark it was bedtime for us old folks. I love the summertime and the extra daylight hours.

On Saturday I ran five miles by myself in the morning and two miles in the evening with Grady. Between those we had tons of time to get stuff done around the house and cook awesome meals and relax and have a great time together. Not to put to fine a point on it, having a ton of leisure time with my husband and no kids around is doing wonders for my quality of life.

Sunday we took off of training, but we went to Home Depot and got supplies to take care of about a million things in the house. We went around every room and checked screens, light bulbs, ceiling fans, air vents, etc. We repaired a bunch of little things that were just a little off. Between going up and down stairs and up and down ladders all day, I'm not calling it a rest day.

Today I ran six miles, which is a new long run for me. I didn't do it on purpose; I made a wrong turn and ended up running up a long hill to a dead end and having to backtrack. So far I haven't been able to run the whole thing without taking short breaks to walk, but that's fine with me. It is hot as hell out there and who am I trying to impress at this point, anyway?

I don't go back to work until Wednesday, so I'm still in the middle of this short break. Yay! We have tons more planned for the next day and a half. Crossfit is closed today for the holiday, but Grady has something in mind for us to do this evening, so that should be fun. Tomorrow I have weight watchers and I'm confident about my weigh-in. I don't know if I'll be down, because I'm really close to goal and I a low number last week, but I know I have been on point with my eating and exercising, so whatever the number is tomorrow will be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment