Saturday, May 14, 2011

Warrior Weekend

Crossfit last night was brutal, but we're gluttons for punishment so we went right back this morning for open gym. Grady worked on his deadlifts and I climbed the rope. I had been wanting to try it for a long time but I always had the wrong socks or we were in a different location or something so I never got the chance. Today I gave it a try, and it was super easy. I pulled myself up to the ceiling no problem and then climbed back down. I joked later that the absolute terror of falling probably helps with the grip strength. Now I just need to wait to get into the new location this summer, where the rope's going to be even longer! The current place is 15' tall but the new one will be 26'. Terrifying!

Tomorrow is Warrior Dash and I don't expect that I'll check in. We're staying overnight in Mountain City and driving home on Monday. Until then it'll probably just be phone pictures on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment