I weighed in at Weight Watchers today at 145.2, for a loss of 2.2. That's the lowest number I've seen in a really long time. The first time I did Weight Watchers, I got down to 144, and when I joined the Air Force, I struggled to get my weight under 150 to qualify. It's really exciting for me to be back in this territory. Jillian calls it "vanity weight", that magic number that you want to get down to when you're already healthy and fit, and you just want to look amazing in underwear.
I experienced a classic Weight Watchers moment today. I am off work and school and I drove to Athens for absolutely no other reason but to weigh-in. I'm not going to get on a high-horse and pretend that it's because I'm just that dedicated to the program. I know for a fact that I made the drive specifically because I knew I was going to have an amazing weigh-in. That's something to remember when I want to skip a weigh-in and I use some excuse like it's inconvenient or something. It's as convenient as I want it to be when I actually want to go.
In other news, I love the new Progress Reports function in the Weight Watchers e-Tools. I am such a nerd and I love reports and data visualization, and also I'm such a Hermione that I want to get really good "grades" on my progress report. Having this kind of stuff, in addition to the online trophies and the keychain charms, are such a fun and motivational part of Weight Watchers for me. Maybe it has to do with that inner toddler. The same inner toddler that's crying that she wants the cookie and she wants it right now can totally be bribed with gold stars and stickers. If it works, it works.
So I'm going to start including these here in my weigh-in posts, for fun. Not that I think anybody but me cares about my own numbers, but I hope if anybody sees these and thinks they are cool the way I do, they will be motivated to use them for themselves and really make the most out of the tools that they are paying for.
Hi! I'm Jennifer. I am a 36-year-old Air Force veteran and a graduate student at the University of Georgia. I have been a Lifetime Member at Weight Watchers since April, 2011, and I have been blogging my weight-loss experience semi-regularly since I began in January, 2010. I am currently employed as a receptionist at Weight Watchers, but the opinions expressed in this blog and its related pages are my own.
Tuesday, May 24, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment