Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Tracking Points

I track my points in my journal right here on Dotti's. I am near a computer all day whether I'm at work, home, or school, so it is convenient. I keep a paper diary in my purse for any occasion when I'm traveling, but I haven't had to use it yet. I track the points I eat and the activity points I earn.

In general, I journal my points as I eat or earn them. Unless I have a special occasion or something complicated that I want to plan ahead for, then I'll go ahead and journal in advance.

I do know that journaling and tracking my points daily is the only way I ever have success on this program, and that is enough to motivate me to do it. I wish I could use the clicker or beaded bracelet, but I have a hard time remembering what I have or haven't counted, even when I keep track in real time.

One thing I don't do is track the good health guidelines. I try to choose fruit or veg when I have the option, but I don't worry about tracking every single fruit or water or vitamin or whatever the GHGs are. If I make the journal itself a chore, I am not likely to keep it up forever, and my problem isn't losing, it's keeping it off. I need to look to mommio's example and keep this up even in maintenance, which is why I don't count fractional points or anything that would make it overly complicated or a chore to keep doing through maintenance.

No comments:

Post a Comment