Friday, April 30, 2010

April Exercise Log

My April goals:
#1 Complete 22 workouts - GOAL MET 30
#2 Complete 12 workouts at Curves - GOAL MET 4/29
#3 Complete 10 "other" workouts - video, yoga, running, etc. - GOAL MET 4/30

1- Curves
2- off
3- none - Curves closed - did housework all day
4- none - Easter

That first partial-week probably could have gone better! I could use the holiday and all our company as an excuse, but I know I could have fit something in if I really wanted to. I made the choice to take it off. I'll do some makeup work on some of my off days the next couple weeks to make up for the missed days and get my monthly goals in on time.

5- Curves
6- Curves
7- 10 minutes belly dance video, 10 minutes Jillian Michaels on Wii Fit
8- Curves
9- off
10- Curves and gardening
11- 45-minute walk/run intervals (20 walk, 25 run)

Better second week. I said I was going to take a break from the distance running, but then I was motivated to get out there and do it anyway. The weather is so nice and it's great to see everyone out in the neighborhood. I let myself walk for 5 minutes in the middle of the run, and I don't know, I guess it's more pleasurable without the pressure to hit the specific C25K goals. I still pushed myself hard, especially at the end. Anyway, I need seven more Curves workouts and eight other workouts to meet my goal for the month. I'm going to have to work six days a week to make that, I think.

12- off
13- Curves
14- boot camp video
15- gardening
16- WATP 2 miles and gardening
17- Curves and housework
18- WATP 5 miles

Good week, I think. We got a new puppy on Saturday! I'm walking her around the block a couple times a day, but in general I think I won't count that toward my cardio, since it's not much of a calorie-burner at that distance and speed. That will just be bonus exercise. I have five more Curves workouts and five more other workouts this month to meet my goals. Six this week and four next week aught to do it.

19- off
20- none - went out with family
21- Curves and 2-mile run (ran home from Curves)
22- none
23- Jillian Michaels 30-day Shred
24- Curves
25- 5K road race

I had a rough start to the week with grandpa's death, but I finished strong. I am beyond proud of myself for running that race on Sunday. I ran it (without stopping to walk) in 35:06, and I placed 6th in my age group. I need three more Curves workouts and two more other workouts to meet my goals. That's every day next week and I'm flying on Friday. It looks like I either need to double up or to work out in Madison.

I am really going to dial back my goals for next month. I say that every month, but this time I mean it. Nothing but Curves and walking the puppy. Maybe some runs if weather permits, since I can't seem to stop myself on that front.

26- Curves
27- WATP 1 mile
28- Curves
29- Curves - GOAL #2 MET
30- WATP 1 mile - GOALS #1 and #3 MET

My workout schedule:
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday: Curves
Wednesday, Sunday: "other"
Monday, Friday: Off!

No comments:

Post a Comment