Monday, April 19, 2010

Regarding Week Five of C25K

Quote: I can't believe it jumps from 8 minute runs to 20 minutes! That's a BIG increase!

I thought that too, but since the day of the 8-minute run is two runs with a break in between, and the 20-minute run is just one run, you're really just adding four minutes. You lose the break in the middle, but doing sixteen minutes with a break is not that different from doing 20 minutes without a break. It is more challenging, but it's not the huge jump that it seems like it's going to be at first. Imagine doing your run just one time and then you're done! That's what the first 20-minute day feels like. It's tough, but at the end you've done it! You don't have to do it a second time like with the 8-minutes.

Also I want to add my voice to the chorus of "take your time". I did each week for two weeks because I was so overweight I wanted to give my body extra time to catch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment