Great topic, Ian, thanks for starting it!
I lost 80 pounds in two years, and then spent the next ten years putting back on 70 pounds of it. I have lost 25 of those since starting back in January.
Quote:
I don't recognize myself in photos & my fiancee laughs because I'm always looking at myself in mirrors (a different person is looking back at me than the one I knew for 28 years!).
I know this feeling! When I lost the weight the first time, I used to get paranoid that a strange skinny woman was following me around the mall. I kept looking over my shoulder and catching her in the mirror looking back at me. It sounds funny in retrospect, but at the time it was really unnerving. It's like something out of a horror movie to see somebody you don't recognize in the mirror, even if you really like the way they look.
Quote:
I'll get comments from other customers and the checker at times on 'why do you need that'. Once my boss's boss and I had to have a meeting and he took me to McD's. I got a salad and a water. He said something about me not needing to watch what I ate. I finally learned to say "this is the AFTER and I want to keep it that way"
I am familiar with this one as well. My mom gets it a lot, too, as she was never really big in the first place (she lost 15 pounds from 135 to 120 on WW 10 years ago, at the same time as me) and she has kept the weight off ever since. So she gets comments like, "Why do you eat that way? You are so skinny!" and she says "I'm skinny BECAUSE I eat this way!" It's like, Duh!
The changes for me this time around are not as big so far, as I have "only" lost 25 pounds, but that is the difference between the plus size section and the regular section for me. I do love to go to the outlet store and browse all the cute items.
No comments:
Post a Comment