Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Jillian's Style

I love Jillian and I think her style is great, personally, for me. If I was on the show and I got to pick, I'd definitely pick her, even though Bob is wonderful, too.

I understand that she seems really aggressive when she's training, but when you see her at other venues like Dr. Phil, when she talks about what she is doing and why, she makes it really clear how much she cares about people and wants to help. It's not about bullying, it's about breaking down walls and rebuilding in a healthy way. I went through boot camp, so I have experienced it personally, and it is very effective. Heck, the show is evidence of how effective it is!

Do you guys remember Kim or whatever her name was, the red team trainer back in the first couple seasons? She was horrible and she actively hated fat people and blamed them for their problems and considered them weak. She really did treat them mean and nasty while she trained them, with no compassion at all. Put her next to Jillian, and Jillian comes out smelling like a rose. Jillian sees how strong people are way before they see it themselves, and she pushes really hard to get them there.

No comments:

Post a Comment