Sunday, April 25, 2010

C25K Success Story!

I did the program from January to March of this year, and ever since then I have done 35 minutes every Sunday. People asked if I was training for a specific race, and I always said, "nah, I'm just trying to improve my running."

So yesterday at Curves, another member asked if I wanted to run a 5K today, and on a whim I just agreed. But then ever since then, I'm thinking what have I gotten myself into! Racing on one day's notice without training for it? Insane! All this morning I was nervous that I would embarrass myself, that I was out of my league, really psyching myself out.

But I just pushed through and ran the whole race without stopping to walk and finished in 35:06, which put me sixth in my age group. I couldn't believe it!

All that stinkin' thinkin' for nothing! I think my brain still thinks my body is obese, but my body disagrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment