I've been home all weekend since my knee started hurting. I iced it all afternoon yesterday and all morning today. It feels a ton better today than it did yesterday. It's been just mildly tender, without a wrap or ice, since midday. I'm going to take it super easy tomorrow at Crossfit.
This afternoon my family and I grilled out, which has become our weekend routine. We had grilled burgers and sausages, mashed cauliflower, and salads. I ate way too much but still kept it within my points. I did really well all week and I had a ton of weekly and activity points to spare. Cutting out sugar and alcohol makes it a lot easier to stay within a reasonable number of points on a daily basis and still get plenty to eat in power foods.
I'm confident about my weigh-in on Tuesday. I have been checking my progress reports daily and just visualizing how it should look at the end of a good week and making my choices based on making it look that way. I guess I'm just a data geek or something that that can be so powerful a motivator for me. It's also something I think I have in common with Cecilia, which is one of the reasons I love her so much!
Hi! I'm Jennifer. I am a 36-year-old Air Force veteran and a graduate student at the University of Georgia. I have been a Lifetime Member at Weight Watchers since April, 2011, and I have been blogging my weight-loss experience semi-regularly since I began in January, 2010. I am currently employed as a receptionist at Weight Watchers, but the opinions expressed in this blog and its related pages are my own.
Sunday, June 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good luck with your knee and keep icing! For what it's worth, my trainer says to ice every day until it feels better, and then keep icing for 5 more days. Once I finally did that, my shins got better. Probably a coincidence, but I'm only out time and ice :).
ReplyDeleteThanks for the tip! I stopped icing it yesterday when it stopped hurting and I woke up with it sore again this morning. I haven't seen my trainer since it started but I'll talk to him about it tonight.
ReplyDelete