Thursday, June 30, 2011

Planning and Preparation

My fiasco yesterday with the powerbars inspired me to hit Trader Joe's on my way home and load up on power foods. It is logistically difficult for me to feed myself at school every day without resorting to convenience foods. I don't have an office, a locker, or a fridge, so I have to carry my food on my back all day like some kind of backpacker. Fortunately I'm a Girl Scout and a gadget-head and there is all kinds of gear made for exactly this purpose.

My current favorite toy is my Mr. Bento. The variable-sized dishes help with portion control, and they pack up super compact and insulated in the carry bag. Here's what I have going on today:


PPV Breakdown: veggies and tzadziki, 2; clementines, 0; chicken sausage, 3; smoked mozz, 1; mixed nuts, 5; dark chocolate, 3; Total PPV: 14

That presentation is only a tiny bit labor intensive, and I have gotten faster with practice. I prepped it this morning while I was drinking coffee and making/eating my egg breakfast. From prep to cleanup including breakfast and lunch it took less than 30 minutes. My healthy diet is absolutely worth getting up half an hour early for. If it wasn't, I could just as easily prepare it the night before.

Speaking of food prep and gadgets, I'm hosing a Pampered Chef virtual party online. Mr. Bento is not a PC product, but I love all the gadgets they have there, especially the stoneware and the specialty cutters like the crinkle cutter and the apple corer.

To place an order or view the catalog online to to this link:
Jennifer's Online Pampered Chef Party

No comments:

Post a Comment