Friday, June 24, 2011

Birthday Stuff

It's my birthday today! I'm 34 years old.

Yesterday at Crossfit I got a Birthday WOD from my trainer and it was brutal!


I finished in 60:12, which felt like a really long time because it was. I was at 53 minutes when I started the run and I thought for sure I would come in under the hour. It only takes 5 minutes to run 800 meters after all. Yeah, no. My limbs were total jelly and I honestly have no idea how I hauled my body through it. It was a ton of fun overall, and I appreciate my friends at Crossfit being good sports about it.

This morning I had to go to school just for an hour to take a Spanish quiz and I was back home by noon. I got the brilliant idea to go for a long run because it was not unbearably hot, only 84 degrees! I tried to do my 5.75 run again, but I ran out of steam for the climb home. I alternated walking and running and still came in at 1:08. It felt a lot longer than that.

This evening Grady is taking me to see Steve Miller Band in concert. I plan on having wine and cake and all of that good stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment