It's amazing what a day of good food, lots of water, and physical activity will do to a person.
I swore off sugar and alcohol until my birthday (more on that tomorrow), and not a minute too soon. This was in my office all afternoon:
Those are See's Candies, brought into the office by a student who just returned from California. You can't get those things out here, so it's not just delicious chocolate but a slice of home for this perpetually homesick Angeleno.
Still, I didn't touch them, I just fetishized them for a bit and took a photo. Honestly I probably got as much enjoyment out of that as I would have eating them. No really! Don't laugh. The first one would have been delicious but I don't know if I would have stopped at one. They sat on the table all day like that, all half-eaten where everybody in the office took one, just one, and left the rest for everyone else. In another life I would have eaten most or all of them, given myself a stomachache, and been the pig of the office who bogarted all the chocolate. It's better this way? I don't know, I just know that I don't regret not eating one.
I had Crossfit after work, which was awesome. I worked on clean & jerks which are starting to become some of my favorite lifts. For me the clean is the complicated part, once I get it up there I can jerk all day. But my clean is improving with practice and I managed to have a ton of fun today and increase my max from 75# to 85#.
After 20 minutes of that we did the actual workout, which was alternating burpees and knees-to-elbows. KTE is a hanging-from-the-bar-by-your-hands move so my calluses were screaming again. At least I managed not to break them this time.
Hi! I'm Jennifer. I am a 36-year-old Air Force veteran and a graduate student at the University of Georgia. I have been a Lifetime Member at Weight Watchers since April, 2011, and I have been blogging my weight-loss experience semi-regularly since I began in January, 2010. I am currently employed as a receptionist at Weight Watchers, but the opinions expressed in this blog and its related pages are my own.
Monday, June 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Wow. That's restraint. All the junk at work is killing me. It's so easy to rationalize treating myself and so much harder to pass when I see everyone else eating it. Next time I'll try taking a photo :).
ReplyDelete