I had a great time this weekend! We went kayaking on Saturday and we had so much fun. It's been a long time since I've been out on the river, and it's weird to do it without drinking. Unsurprisingly, it is still a ton of fun, just different. There were other people in our party who were drinking, so it was slow going. I think it took us about 6 hours to get through. I felt great. I had a ton of energy and strength all day, I looked decent in my suit, and I pretended to be fearless, doing flips off the diving place when I had the chance. The next day my only injury was my sunburn, other than that I wasn't even sore.
By the time we got home it was storming pretty hard and we didn't have electricity at home. We went out and got Mexican food for dinner and then played cards by candlelight. I didn't track food all weekend, but I stayed off the alcohol and had far less sugar than I would have if I hadn't been trying to avoid it. I was five pounds below goal at my last weigh-in so I figured I had room for a break.
My points reset today, so I'm back to Day One. Friday is my birthday, and I'm saving my weekly flex points for that. I wanted to be at my goal weight by my birthday, just like I wanted to be there by last Christmas, but it's so hard to care when I'm so comfortable where I am. The dress I bought to wear on my birthday is already too big, so where's the impetus to lose the last of the vanity pounds? I'm still undecided whether I'm going to keep bothering, since all it does is make me crazy. I have my Weight Watchers goal to make sure I don't start backsliding, so there's not even the worry about that.
No comments:
Post a Comment