I was off again today, so I slept in and then took my time going for another long run. I did a new run and for once I managed to make all the correct turns and do exactly the 5.75-mile run I set out to do. I went at noon when it was 90 degrees out and I was pretty much completely exposed to the sun the whole time. Needless to say, I did not run the whole thing, but I ran most of it and finished in 1 hour, 7 minutes.
No matter which way I go, I still have that issue where my house is at a local maximum, so every time I do a long run I start downhill and finish uphill. Once I hit that right turn at mile four, it's all uphill from there. I know it does wonders for my conditioning and endurance, but it's just such a dog.
I think about my military training a lot when I'm out in those conditions. It's pretty awesome, like I feel like if I was dropped out in the desert all Survivor or Lost style, I would have a serious advantage. It doesn't do me a lot of good in my career as a computer scientist, but it's nice to know I have something in my back pocket for after the apocalypse.
Hi! I'm Jennifer. I am a 36-year-old Air Force veteran and a graduate student at the University of Georgia. I have been a Lifetime Member at Weight Watchers since April, 2011, and I have been blogging my weight-loss experience semi-regularly since I began in January, 2010. I am currently employed as a receptionist at Weight Watchers, but the opinions expressed in this blog and its related pages are my own.
Thursday, June 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment