I weighed in at 148.2 today at Weight Watchers, so I'm up a pound, which I expected after the week I had. Still, I'm down from a few days ago and on the right track, so I'm just looking ahead. Since it was my first weigh-in of the month, it was official as far as my Lifetime status is concerned, and I came in under goal. That's the important part. Two successful Lifetime weigh-ins down, the rest of them to go. Makes for boring blogging.
After Weight Watchers, we went to Crossfit, which we don't normally do on Tuesday but the resident yogi had his first hour-long yoga class and there was no way I would miss that! That was the first time I did a solid hour of yoga probably all year. It felt wonderful and I'm so glad I did it, but I can already tell my abs are going to be sore as hell all week. Yay!?
Then late this evening I watched Extreme Makeover, Weight-Loss Edition on the DVR. Oh you bet I'm watching this show! I cannot get enough of these transformation shows. I love looking at what works and seeing what the common approaches are. They do all the tools for living! They manage their environment, they set measurable goals, they make a specific plan to achieve their goals, they use positive talking and visualization, it's all there.
Over and over again I say it's not about finding the lowest-point tortilla, it's about fixing your attitude and approach to every aspect of your health and making real change toward the positive. It takes work and knowledge and practice and you have to do your homework. Don't just go to the meetings and think success and motivation are going to leech into your body by osmosis. This is an active experience, not a passive one. Use the tools that are there!
Wow, I didn't mean to get into that much of a rant, but it segues perfectly into what I wanted to talk about. I had a rough week last week so yesterday I went to the Tools for Living page for guidance. I picked the Winning Outcomes exercise, which is basically to set a measurable goal and then come up with a plan to reach it. I set a body fat percentage goal because I am trying to ignore the scale right now given my strength training. One of the steps in my plan is to go super clean with my program until my birthday in 2 weeks, which means no sugar or alcohol. Just in time, too, as I mentioned yesterday. I'm two days in, and so far so good.
Here's last week's report:
Hi! I'm Jennifer. I am a 36-year-old Air Force veteran and a graduate student at the University of Georgia. I have been a Lifetime Member at Weight Watchers since April, 2011, and I have been blogging my weight-loss experience semi-regularly since I began in January, 2010. I am currently employed as a receptionist at Weight Watchers, but the opinions expressed in this blog and its related pages are my own.
Tuesday, June 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You're just 10 pounds away from your goal! You've made an amazing transformation yourself AND you're working out like an athlete so body fat % seems like it makes more sense now. I mean, you can only lose so much if you're building muscle and doing crossfit, right?
ReplyDelete