We have a fridge and microwave in the hotel room so I stocked up on fruit and oatmeal and carrots and water. I got up early this morning and did a four-mile run. The blocks here are exactly one mile so it was really easy to figure out in advance. It made for a very square, very flat run, and I had a great time. I wished I had gloves, though. They're having a cold snap here in Phoenix, so the weather is pretty much exactly what I'm already acclimated to at home, but my hands were painfully cold, at least for the first mile.

We went out to Tempe today to go shopping and watch the Georgia game. At the bar I wasn't very hungry (having already had a good breakfast at the hotel) so I just ordered the veggies and dip that come with the chicken wings, without the chicken wings. They of course had no problem making that for me. I just had diet coke to drink. Then not very long afterward we found ourselves in another restaurant (geez!) and this place had a grilled asparagus appetizer that was just a whole asparagus, quartered and grilled. It was so good!
I'm happy and proud I had such a great day, and in the evening I let myself go a little and had some party foods and a couple drinks for New Years Eve.
Tomorrow we're going to go to the zoo and I plan to just keep up what I'm doing with loading up with fruits and veggies most of the day and taking it easy on the rest of it.
Happy New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment