I went out for my four-mile run yesterday, even though I really, really didn't want to. I thought about doing laps around my neighborhood to a Speedbump podcast so it would be shorter and less hilly, but I was worried that if I didn't hit the road I could just quit whenever and I wouldn't have the motivation to keep going, so I went on my long run.
I didn't have any energy and it was very hard for the first two miles. Then something just kicked in gear in time for the home stretch and the big uphill and I started hauling. I just concentrated on the muscles in my thighs and butt and hips and how they needed to have power and speed and I pumped my legs fast and ate that hill up.
When I got home after four miles, I was still moving fast and I decided to keep going and run the last of the quit out of me. I did an extra lap and a half around my block to bring my total run to 5 miles and then walked home. That was probably my longest run ever, including my time in the Air Force. I felt amazing after and I enjoyed a super long stretch on the floor when I was done.
Today I rest and and grocery shop and prep food for the week. I also have homework and housework because that never ends. Tomorrow is Crossfit. Last Friday at Crossfit we did running and push-ups and I thought I might as well just be in the military if we're just going to run and do push-ups. But I kid, we had a fun time, and I am good at both of those things so I got a great time.
No comments:
Post a Comment