Monday, January 3, 2011

Safely Home

Grady and I arrived home safely and I am so relieved and happy to be home. I missed my puppy so much and she was so happy to see me!

In Phoenix this morning I had a good egg and veggie breakfast like I planned, and on the plane had light snacks and water. I didn't have alcohol on either flight, which I am super proud of, even though I drank on the vacation. On our way home we drove through taco bell and racetrac and I ordered a bunch of crap, including cookies. But when I got home I changed my mind and just ate the chicken taco and bean burrito and got rid of the rest. I also picked up a grilled chicken breast and veggies from KFC for tomorrow.

Best of all I decided to do a Jillian Michaels video this evening. Even though it was late, we really had an easy day of traveling and I felt good after eating well and not drinking all day and I just didn't have any excuse not to do it. Tomorrow I'll do a long run and then I start back at Crossfit on Wednesday.

I'll go to Kroger tomorrow and reload the kitchen with good stuff to eat. I talked to Adam over email and we worked out my concerns about the diet. I'm going to do like I planned and just eat my best and keep the journal. On my own for January I plan to eat more meat and eggs and not to rely so much on dairy and plants for protein. I'll think twice before having bread, and I'll keep sugar and alcohol out entirely.

Man, I also have Weight Watchers to go to tomorrow! It's so good to be home and to get in my routine. I am nervous to start something different, but I'm also excited to be trying something new.

2 comments: