#5. Get Ready for Portion Shock
The worst thing Hollywood has ever done to fat people is portray the obese as constantly eating at every single moment. When Friends would flash back to Monica's fat days, the big joke was she always had a huge, sloppy sandwich or chicken leg in her hand. The crime here isn't that it makes fat people look like mindless gluttons, but that it sends the message that you only get fat if you eat huge comedy prop food, all day, every day.
What you find out from a program like Weight Watchers is that you can get sitcom-joke fat purely by eating three meals a day of the kind of portions portrayed as normal in TV commercials and on restaurant menus.
Read the rest: 5 Weight Loss Tips for Cynical Bastards | Cracked.com
Also, I finally found the formulas! It's a lot more complicated so I don't think I'll be able to do it in my head like I could with the old one, but at least I don't feel totally dependent on my WW resources anymore.
New PointsPlus Formulas!
No comments:
Post a Comment