Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow Day!

We got snowed in today, so I didn't get to go to school or Crossfit (both were closed anyway).

I spent most of the day burning calories outside in the snow. First I went for a walk around the neighborhood with Ripley. Then I played snowballs and snowmen in the yard with Grady, then Grady and I took a walk to the highway to check the conditions and see if we were really snowed in that badly (we were). But just because we couldn't get the car out doesn't mean I couldn't get out.

I bundled up and put on my hiking shoes and reflective vest and trekked to Kroger. I didn't have any actual need to go, I just liked that I could. Once there I loaded up the backpack with some dog food and coffee and schlepped it back up the hill home. The whole ordeal was 5.6 miles and took 2 hours and 20 minutes. It was grueling, I'll be honest. I was offered a ride by four different people, including a cop. It's kind of awkward when they don't believe that I'm really out there on purpose, I'm not stranded, and I don't need help. I like to imagine that I'm some kind of extreme adventurer, but maybe I'm just crazy.

Now that tomorrow is another snow day, I'm glad I got the dog food and coffee. I'll be disappointed if I can't go to Weight Watchers tomorrow evening because I'm expecting an amazing weigh-in, but maybe the roads will be open by that time. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment