Monday, January 17, 2011

30 PointsPlus in Pictures

One thing that's fun about eating well is that I am consistently blown away by how pretty my meals look. Whole foods and fruits and vegetables are very pretty and colorful. I have taken several photographs, but I never put them anywhere because I wasn't doing it with any kind of consistency. But then I realized, who cares!

Here is the breakfast I had this morning:



It's not my usual breakfast, but I was craving carbs and comfort food last night so I promised myself if I held out I could have oatmeal in the morning. PointsPlus breakdown: egg, 2; banana, 0; coffee, 0; high-fiber oatmeal, 4. TOTAL: 6.

This meal doesn't have enough protein for me to officially want to call it lunch, but at 3:30 in the afternoon it is what it is:



Notice how absolutely tiny one ounce of mixed nuts is. The more calorie-dense a food is, the more important it is to weigh or measure rather than eyeballing it. Otherwise that's an easy way for tons of extra points to slip in. PointsPlus breakdown: diet pink lemonade, 0; tangerines, cucumbers, and carrots, 0; hummus, 3; light string cheese, 1; mixed nuts, 5. TOTAL: 9.

On the way to the gym I stopped at Starbucks and grabbed a nonfat latte. I didn't take a picture, so here's a stock image:



TOTAL: 2.

Here's dinner:


Yikes, that is a poor quality phone picture. That's the other reason I haven't gotten consistently into taking food pictures. The camera that's most convenient to carry on me is a crappy quality camera. I should get an iPhone. ;)

Anyway, that's half a Trader Joe's pizza and a salad for dinner. It could use another veggie side, but I wasn't that hungry tonight. I didn't eat dinner until almost ten. PointsPlus breakdown: crystal lite, 0; pizza, 8; lettuce, 0; low-fat feta, 2; lite dressing, 2; croutons, 1. TOTAL: 13.

Total Daily PointsPlus: 30

No comments:

Post a Comment