I finally got my feet back out on the road last night, and I am so happy I did. I feel kind of ridiculous having spent the last couple weeks agonizing about what I was going to do after Curves when I know I always go back to running. It's like that old Nike commercial, running is such an on-again-off-again relationship, but you always go back and you're always happy when you do.
I was surprised how easy it was. I thought that after two months off it would be like starting all over, although I don't know why I thought that considering that I have still been keeping up with other exercising and remaining in shape. I was worried that I would aggravate my foot injury, but it barely hurt while I was running, and the next day it's like nothing happened at all.
Now, of course, I can't just keep it simple and I have to figure out some sort of "plan" to keep it up and keep motivated. I don't want to go back to C25K necessarily. Last night I just did it on my own time based on what I felt I could do and how hard I could push. It turns out I pushed a lot harder than I expected or would have if I'd had the C25K telling me when to speed up or slow down. I think I'll just do laps around the block and try to run as much as possible. I figure I'll be back at 5K in no time ... I was practically there last night already.
I'm going to look into road races in the area, just so I'll have something specific to train for. It's so hard to motivate myself to do the same run week after week when there's no specific goal in mind. There's a woman in my old WW meeting that runs one nearly every weekend. I'll try to hook up with her even though we're not going to the same meeting anymore.
No comments:
Post a Comment