Friday, July 16, 2010

Friday Update

I didn't write yesterday, despite wanting to write every day, simply because I have nothing new or exciting to add.

That's actually a good thing. I'm at my best when I'm just settled into my routine, doing what I'm supposed to do, meal-in and meal-out. It just makes for boring reading. Oh well, what are you going to do? Here come the status reports.

Food:
I'm almost entirely on points. I had some cranberry juice the other night that was over my limit, but I was thirsty and I couldn't bear another drop of water or Crystal Light. But otherwise food is great, especially considering that I maxed out my Flex points over the weekend and have been having to eat at my minimum all week.

My boss brought Wendy's Frostys to our meeting yesterday for everyone (and not even smalls, either) and I just turned mine down. That was an easy choice to make, because, no thanks.

My Flex points reset today, and since I have no special occasions or weekly "surprises" this week, I'm just going to add a couple points each day so I can actually go to bed not starving for once. That will also prevent me from bingeing at one or two meals over the weekend, since I won't have a particular need to eat 35 or so points in a sitting.

Exercise: I'm definitely still on track with that, too. I did my weights on Monday, ran on Tuesday, and did 2 miles of WATP on Wednesday. I took last night off, and I'll do the same tonight, with a plan of working out both Saturday and Sunday. I'm way ahead of schedule to meet my exercise goals for the month, which just tells me that I set my goals too low.

Alcohol: I haven't had anything to drink since last weekend, and I'll probably open up a bottle of wine tonight. It's working pretty well for me at this time to just drink on weekends. I don't know if that's going to be the long-term solution, but for now it's fine.

Mood: Eh, what are you going to do? I have a routine and it's pretty boring, but the stability makes me comfortable. I am still loving all the extra time I get to spend with Grady in the evenings.

Motivation: After my last meeting, I'm really determined to have a great weigh-in next Monday. Any time this week that I have been tempted to stretch a point or slack off on exercising, I just keep reminding myself about that gain. I hope to keep that through the weekend as well. I want to see a big loss on Monday, like two weeks' worth, because that's what I have done the work for.

I have been having crazy killer NSVs the last couple of days. I had Grady take links out of four of my watches, because they were spinning around my wrist like a hula hoop. Two of them he had already done in the last few months.

I tried on some size 10 shorts that I don't even understand why I still have them because they haven't fit in about six years. I got them up and buttoned around my waist and zipped. There's no muffin top, so the waist part fits, but the buns and legs are still too big, so they are way too tight and lead to serious camel toe action. But the point is, I got them on and buttoned! Size 10! No muffin top!

Finally, today I'm wearing a dress I bought last year or so that I have never been small enough to wear. It's really well-constructed like sixties style with pink and eyelet lace. It's very vintage-looking with my broad headband and strand of pearls.

So, it's all pretty standard stuff. Would that every week could be this boring. As usual, I'll probably take most of the weekend off the computer, so I'll be back Monday. Have a great weekend!

1 comment: