Friday, July 9, 2010

It's finally Friday!

Phew! That was a long short week. I'm ready for the weekend.

I did my 3.2-mile run last night, and I was able to keep a pretty good clip the whole time and even sprint it out at the end. Basically I ran it exactly like I would like to run the race tomorrow. I should have timed myself, but I'll just wait and see. I'd really like to get in under 35 minutes.

It occurs to me that I won't have an opportunity to lift tonight since I'm going to that Serj Tankian concert, but I don't mind taking a rest day before the race. I have an early enough start tomorrow as it is.

My flex points reset today, thankfully. I was starving by bedtime last night. I won't go crazy tonight, obviously, and no alcohol. But tomorrow I'm going back to Atlanta and I'll be there overnight, so I imagine there will be some flex points spent on dinner out and drinks. Well-deserved, I think.

1 comment:

  1. Have fun tonight and good luck tomorrow! I hope it's not miserably hot for the 5k.

    ReplyDelete