Friday, July 2, 2010

Ouchie

My weight bench arrived yesterday, so I put it together and then did the thirty minutes of free weights that I promised myself I would do. Since I've been toning up at Curves, I figured I could start on the heavier end and really challenge myself. I did well on the dumbbells and the leg bar, but I think I had too much weight on the barbell because today my upper back is totally pinched. Ouch! No biggie, though, I'll just stretch well and run today, and then try again tomorrow with a little less weight.

I have registered for two 5Ks, one on July 10 and one in August on the weekend of Mom's visit and she's going to run with me. Yay! I only have eight days to train for the first one, so I'll be running at least every other day for the next week.

I had another slice of pizza for dinner last night, which I probably shouldn't have done but it was all that I had in the house. I thought I had some frozen things, but apparently not, so that's just poor planning, or as the week four book tells me, I need to manage my environment better. I kept it within points, though, so I'm not really worried about it. I kept myself occupied with the weight bench and then working out and then playing Magic with Grady, so I wasn't tempted to eat at all later in the night.

Having Grady around in the evenings is turning out to be a great distraction from food. I realize now that all my evening eating up until now has probably been due just to boredom or possibly loneliness. Diet or no diet, exercise or no exercise, it's wonderful to be able to spend time with my husband, and the fact that it is not hurting my weight loss efforts but is in fact helping is really just icing on the cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment