Friday, July 30, 2010

Opportunities Abound

"Opportunities" of course being the positive self-talking code word for "challenges". But first let's have an accountability update.

I did great yesterday. I stuck to my resolution of no chocolate and no alcohol. Unsurprisingly, I had to pad my meals to reach my points target. Amazing how that works. I intend to keep the same resolution through the weekend as well. The chocolate is easy, I'll just leave it in my desk at work. The alcohol is more temping on the weekends, but I have big plans the next two weeks (more on that below) so I am going to take this weekend as an opportunity to reinforce the habit of not drinking every weekend. I lifted weights with Grady in the home gym after work, and that was fun. I forgot to go to Kroger, but no harm done. I'll do it tonight after work and make sure I have good foods for the weekend and next week.

This is my last week of working full-time, but I still have two weeks before school starts. That leaves me with lots of free time, but it's filling up fast.

We're having a party at home next weekend which will involve lots of food and alcohol, and I will need to develop an attack plan in advance for that. Also I need to just do a ton of stuff in the house like cleaning and repairs before we have company, so it will be a busy week.

Then on Tuesday we're going to Six Flags. That is a tough but manageable situation. Another opportunity for me to succeed. To reinforce good habits. To practice a healthy lifestyle every day. To make it about fun and family, not food.

Then mom and her crew are coming to stay the following weekend. There will be healthy food and tons of activity involved in all that. We're going to grill and make a picnic and go hiking and run a 5K and all the healthy stuff we love to do. Plus wine. Soooo much wine! Honestly, I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment