Saturday, July 10, 2010

Great Weekend - 5K success!

This weekend is going awesome so far. We went to the Serj show last night and it was amazing. It was at Chastain Park Amphitheatre, and he had the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra backing him up. He said it was the only US show with a full orchestra, so that was a great surprise. The venue is outdoors and it was pretty stormy. We only got a little rain, which, who cares? But the cool part was that there was an amazing lightning and thunder show added on everything else. So fabulous. Grady bought me a lite beer and I counted it and drank it before switching to water.

Then this morning I went and ran the 5K race at the high school. My time was 31:57 which blows my previous time out by over three minutes. In the Air Force, my time was usually about 32-33 minutes, so I am pretty stoked to be back in that kind of shape. I'm really looking forward to running with my mom next month.

I'm getting ready to head to Atlanta and spend the night with Grady and some old friends. I'll be using flex points on a dinner out and a whole lot of wine. I just want to relax and celebrate this evening.

1 comment:

  1. You deserve to celebrate, that's an awesome accomplishment! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete