Grady and I made it safely to Los Angeles and mom's place. Last night we went for Mexican food at my favorite restaurant and then saw a Charles Phoenix show in Torrance. When we got home we went right to sleep because we were so tired from the long day of traveling.
The switch to daylight savings didn't affect us that much since we were already jetlagged by three hours in the other direction. We got up early and made low-carb breakfast burritos. Then we walked a mile to the running park where I used to run when I lived here.
I did Speedbump #2 and it was easier than I'm used to, probably because I was running on a flat trail instead of up and down the hills by my house. I did have one great moment when I tripped and stumbled. I had been moving so fast that there was no way to recover, and I fell and slid in the dirt so hard. It took me a second to shake it off and start moving again, but that kind of thing always just makes me laugh so hard at myself. What else can I do? It wasn't the first time I fell running, and I'm sure it won't be the last.
As far as food and alcohol goes, I'm logging everything on my iPhone and I'm still within points so far. I still have three flex points available for today (plus the 7 activity points I earned) and my weekly bank resets tomorrow. We're having a low-carb barbecue tonight for mom's boyfriend's birthday, so I should have no problem sticking to that. The real challenge will be next week and whether I can hold onto my bank of flex points all the way through till Disneyland. I'm just taking it a day at a time.
Hi! I'm Jennifer. I am a 36-year-old Air Force veteran and a graduate student at the University of Georgia. I have been a Lifetime Member at Weight Watchers since April, 2011, and I have been blogging my weight-loss experience semi-regularly since I began in January, 2010. I am currently employed as a receptionist at Weight Watchers, but the opinions expressed in this blog and its related pages are my own.
Sunday, March 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment