Thursday, March 10, 2011

Crossfit

We had another good evening at Crossfit last night. We worked on deadlifts some more and I improved my max deadlift from 155# the first time to 175# last night. Grady increased his max too but I don't know his new number. We're both still sore as hell from Monday, but we've pretty much resigned ourselves (again) to being sore all the time. Muscle soreness is a lot more bearable than the joint pain and other discomforts that come from being obese.

I'm still super motivated with my eating right now. Every time I'm tempted by something I know I shouldn't have (last night it was Jelly Bellies), I think of two or three of about a million things that are keeping me motivated. I had the flex points to spend, but I want to save them for this weekend. I feel like if I can't control myself at home, how can I possibly do it on vacation? My points reset on Monday, so I can use this week's bank this weekend and have a new bank of flex points to use for the later part of my vacation. I have absolutely no desire to say "screw it, I'm going on vacation!" and just go off the rails. I know that would only lead to gain and regret, much more regret than comes from just saying no to some junky snack.

Also I'm beginning to develop a 2-pack (that's the top third of a six-pack) and I have never ever had that kind of definition before and I am so excited by it. I know the other four are there somewhere too, but they're hiding under that last 15 pounds of fat I still want to lose. So when I'm trying to decide between a bag of candy or a six-pack of abs for the first time in my life at age 33, it's really a no-brainer.

No comments:

Post a Comment