Sunday, March 6, 2011

Good Weekend

Grady and I are having a great weekend. After Crossfit on Friday we went out to eat Mexican with some people from the gym. We had a lot of fun and we did a great job avoiding chips and drinks even though our food took forever to show up and we were starving. We shared some fajitas and had diet coke to drink.

Saturday morning we made eggs with leftover fajita meat and veggies and then went back to Crossfit for open gym. I basically just goofed around and practiced some skills and Grady worked on his lifts.


After that we grabbed some wings and went to school to study and use the computer lab. Then we went and saw a movie, The Adjustment Bureau, which was okay but not as good as I hoped. I felt like such a nerd because I snuck in an apple and some string cheese, but what can I do? This is what I snack on.

Dinner was Mexican leftovers in the form of taco salads and then Grady woke me up this morning with Mexican breakfast and coffee. ¡OlĂ©! I can never get enough Mexican food. I'm making it work by having small portions and concentrating on lean meats and veggies and beans. I'm avoiding rice (which I don't care for anyway) and flour tortillas and chips. I use just one or two corn tortillas or even just lettuce. It's really simple substitutions and bulking up my food with power foods like vegetables, which I have years of experience and practice doing. It's just a matter of applying what I already know.

Today I'm just doing housework and getting stuff set up to get through next week. This is our last weekend at home before Spring Break and our vacation and I'm so excited!

2 comments:

  1. Mexican without chips??? That's what I call willpower!

    That's so cool that you guys are doing Crossfit together. The more I read about you attending, the more it makes me want to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go for it! Google your local location and they'll give you a free introductory workout. Get your husband in there, too. It's so fun to do together.

    ReplyDelete