Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Home Sweet Home

I returned home safely from my vacation on Sunday night and of course I have been playing catchup ever since.

The last weekend of my trip was a lot of fun if a bit wild. Grady and I had a great time at Disneyland and California adventure. I let myself use my flex points on junk food and alcohol as long as I logged everything, which I did. Still it made me feel pretty gross, physically and mentally, and I tried to do as much damage control as I could with exercise.

On Friday morning we went to Anaheim Crossfit and I jerked 75#. The coach Heather was the first female Crossfit coach either of us has worked with, and she was really great. She helped us both a lot with our form and our ability to lift as much as possible safely.


Saturday morning I decided that I would run around the outside of Disneyland as long as it was less than five miles. I mapped it out on gmap-pedometer.com (difficult but not impossible to do on the iPhone, by the way) and it was only three! Disneyland is way smaller than it seems from the inside.


Saturday night is where I really went off the rails. I had my friend's bachelor party and I drank so much I don't even remember a lot of what happened. I do know that at one point we were at Koo Koo Roo and the mashed potatoes were looking delicious but I was too drunk even to order anything to eat. That's when I called my mom to come and take me home (at 10:30 at night -- I'm such a party animal!). I felt terribly hungover the next day, but I had been expecting that and it was worth it. I am happy that that kind of thing for me is now the exception rather than the rule. It's something I reserve just for special occasions and I really make them count.

Now we're home and jumping right back into our routine. We had Crossfit last night and the workout was rough. However I was super glad that I hadn't taken the last nine days off of training or it would have been even worse. I stopped at Kroger on the way home and the house is once again full of fresh fruits and veggies and all that good stuff. I have been drinking plenty of water and I am prepared to weigh in at Weight Watchers tomorrow and continue on my path to Lifetime Membership.

No comments:

Post a Comment