It was squat day at Crossfit and it went okay, I guess. I did 35# overhead squats, 65# front squats, and 95# back squats. I probably could have gone higher on the front and back squats but I started out too high on the overheads (45 then 40 and I failed both times) and I lost my confidence or made myself nervous or something. I guess I just wasn't prepared for the big differences in weight between the positions.
I think that kind of thing just comes with experience so I'll do better next time. It's not like it's a contest or like any of it really matters in the scheme of things, as long as I'm putting in the work. Still it's disappointing when I don't do as well as I think I could or should.
On the other hand, the metcon portion was super easy. Just burpees and pullups (assisted) for 10 minutes and I knocked them right out. I had a ton of energy for some reason. I felt a lot better than I did on Monday.
No comments:
Post a Comment