Friday, March 4, 2011

Friday Morning Indulgence

I had a late start this morning and I didn't take the time to cook my usual egg sandwich for breakfast. I made a conscious decision to have one of the new Starbucks cupcakes that I have been eyeballing every morning. So for breakfast I had a vanilla bean cupcake, a skinny latte, and a banana. Framing the sugary treat with power foods helps control that spike of blood sugar and establishes a measure of balance and control between eating healthy and treating myself. Still the cupcake weighs in at a whopping 11 PointsPlus Values, so my whole breakfast came out to 14. I had that in mind when I packed my low-point lunch and snacks of tuna salad and fruit, so I'm still going to have 12 daily PPV available for dinner plus 4 AP from Crossfit. I think it's good practice for my vacation in a week.


11 Delicious Points Plus Values

I stepped on the scale at home this morning and it is being so good to me. If I didn't have this vacation coming up, I would be confident that I could get to goal in the next week or two. Regardless, I'm going to try.

Being this close to goal gives me so much motivation to stay on track during my trip. My family and friends are really helping, too. Mom cooks very well and is planning a to cook great low-carb barbecue meal for us. She's also going to take us hiking in Malibu. Grady wants to do Crossfit while we're out there, so we made plans to visit Crossfit Pacific Coast on the day that we go to Santa Barbara. Finally my good high school and facebook friend Melissa teaches at Santa Clarita Athletic Club and I'm going to attend one of her Pilates classes. That's the gym I worked out in the first time I did Weight Watchers and lost 80 pounds and that's also where I learned to do yoga and practiced the first two years of my practice. I have a lot of good memories of that place and I'm looking forward to working out there again, even if it's only for a day as a tourist.

This entire vacation is turning into a bit of a fat camp situation and that is fine by me. I love being active and trying new things, and vacations are the best time to do that because I have all kinds of time and a new environment to explore. It's so much better than punishing my body with food and booze and running around to this or that restaurant or bar or club. I feel fortunate to have a family, and now especially a husband, who helps make this all possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment