This evening I got a wild hair (or I was feeling guilty) and I did a Leslie Sansone "Walk Away the Pounds" video. I did the file-mile one and it is still no joke. I feel like since I have been on maintenance I have been slacking off and "only" working out three or four times per week. Of course the Crossfit workouts are grueling, but they are short, only 10 to 15 minutes. And thanks to my super speed (haha) I don't run more than half an hour or so at a time. My point is it was nice to settle in and do a nice long hour of cardio and really burn some calories instead of just taking a rest day.
When I was losing, I was working out six days a week and doing a variety of things. After running and weights, I still did all kinds of videos and classes. But since I started Crossfit, I haven't really done anything else but running and taking a lot of days off. I know I need to do the same stuff to maintain the weight loss as I did to lose it, so in April I'm setting a new goal. In addition to Crossfit and running, I am going to do one different thing each week, such as yoga or a video, that I did last year when I was working out constantly and losing weight.
I am especially excited to do yoga again. I haven't done that at all that year (again, since I joined Crossfit in January) and I know my flexibility is not as good as it could be. It's pretty typical for people to neglect flexibility training to focus on strength and speed, and I'm not exception. That's something I need to work on. I'm also excited about yoga because I am the strongest I have ever been and I am looking forward to seeing what I can do. I figure I'm likely to impress myself with some move or other that has given me trouble in the past. We'll see.
Finally, I'm planning to abstain from alcohol for the month of April. I have four weeks left of maintenance and I don't feel in control enough of my situation yet to add alcohol in. I certainly did not lose the weight by drinking but since I happened to get goal when I was on vacation it was oh-so easy to slide right back into that habit once I felt like I had some wiggle room in points. Last year I gave it up for Lent, so I think this year I at least owe myself 30 days.
Here's to the first day of the first month of the rest of my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment