Thursday, February 4, 2010

Feeling Bad

I had a terrible afternoon. I read an email that some sent to my boss that said he should just replace me with a $5 web page. I know it's not true, and my boss knows it's not true, but it really hurt my feelings. I just kind of blew it off at the time and instead concentrated my energy and focus onto technical solutions to her problem (which is a whole other rant), but then whenever I got in the car to go home I just lost it and I cried the whole way in the car. I pulled up in Curves and kept crying in the parking lot, and then I went in and fortunately there was nobody else there but the employee and she went around the circuit with me twice and talked to me about her dogs and cats and made me laugh. I felt good after that, but now that I am home again I am just dwelling on those hateful words from the email and thinking how dare she?! I want to just tell her that if she thinks she can get what she gets from me for $5, she's welcome to try! But I don't work for her, I work in service of Georgia's poor and illiterate, and I have to remind myself constantly that I'm doing this work for them, and not for the a-holes at the state office who think they can just condescend to anybody and be completely offensive and rude!

Now I have no idea what I want to make for dinner and I have 7 points left and an upset stomach.

No comments:

Post a Comment