Sunday, July 31, 2011

Great Weekend

Grady and I started yesterday morning by running a 5K. I ran along with him and we finished in 44:04. That's a personal best for him by more than a minute. We both had a lot of fun and I am super proud of him. It was so fun going to a race and having him with me. I got to meet people for once because he's so outgoing and I'm so shy I never talk to anybody when I go by myself. Every day I'm happy that fitness is now something to two of us can do together since it's such a big part of my life.

We had plans to go kayaking with some friends and friends of friends, but that fell through so we just spent the day visiting in Athens. It was especially tough because we were out all day and we had two meals out in restaurants. I stuck to veggies and proteins, and then at the movie I got a kids meal which is just a little bit of popcorn and a fun-size skittles. I appreciated how small it was compared to the giant popcorns and candies that are available.

At the end of the day I did eat over my points, just barely, but I tracked everything and in all I think I did really well.

1 comment:

  1. I'm late & just catching up, but Way to Go, Grady! I can't even think about running in July in Georgia without wanting to puke.

    ReplyDelete