I have had an okay few days. It's nearing the end of the semester and it's time for me to freak out a bit, but I am trying to keep a handle on things. I am doing my best to let my WW-related tracking and blogging be something that improves my quality of life and not an undue burden. To that end, I took the weekend off of tracking, but did not use that as an excuse to go off the rails.
Grady and I got the weekend off to a great start with a four-mile run first thing Saturday morning. We had company on Sunday and we made the same stuff to eat for our guests that we eat all the time. That made it super easy to know that I was eating the right foods even though I wasn't taking time away from our guests to enter it into a computer or blog about it. Grady made Crock-Pot ribs and we had mashed cauliflower, salad, and corn on the cob. Dessert was supposed to be strawberry shortcakes, but Kroger was out of strawberries (I know!) so we had strawberry ice cream instead.
I started tracking again yesterday and then last night I had a total mental breakdown. I got home from training at Weight Watchers pretty late and I was super hungry. I tried to make some rice for dinner but I over-boiled the water and I had to start over. In my mind I was already halfway to Taco Bell but fortunately I couldn't find my car keys. I cried in the kitchen and moaned and felt sorry for myself. Grady talked me down and helped me get started cooking again but I was still really stressed out. I know I'm going to have good days and bad days, but it's really daunting to look at the decades (hopefully!) I have to live and feed myself every day, several times a day, and it's a constant pain in the ass.
Losing was the easy part.
No comments:
Post a Comment