Wednesday, July 13, 2011

65-pound Star! - 142.0

I weighed in at Weight Watchers on yesterday at 142.0, which is my lowest weight in forever. I've lost a total of 66 pounds since I started in January 2010. To save re-typing, here's what I posted to the facebook group:

I was down more than 4 pounds at my weigh-in yesterday! I lost the two weeks before, but far less than I expected, and it finally caught up! It always catches up, that can't be helped, that's physics.

If you're not getting the losses you expect from week to week, be patient. As long as you are honest with yourself about what kind of loss you should realistically expect, it will come. Relax and don't stress out, it's not good for weight loss.

I'm down "only" five pounds in 3 months, and that's how the last 18 months have gone for me, off and on, for a total of more than 65# lost. It's worth the wait if you do the work!

One bit of sabotage I see is when people try to "game" the scale. They starve or dehydrate themselves on the day of their weigh-in to get the number they want, and then overdo it afterward. Even without the overdoing it, that behavior is not going to help anybody's weight-loss in the long run. We really need to focus on the overall trend and not the week-to-week numbers.

I missed two days of tracking last week. One was on the 4th of July, and I definitely overate. On Wednesday my eTools was down and I tracked on paper. I'll give myself a pass on that one because tracking is tracking.

2 comments:

  1. Gosh, you do so well on your healthy checks. I have issues getting all my milk. I'm not a huge milk drinker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rarely drink milk but I have a nonfat latte and a piece of string cheese every day, and then sometimes more cheese on a sandwich or salad. I really like cheese!

    ReplyDelete