Grady and I are having a great weekend. We took a rest day on Saturday and cooked steaks on the grill. This morning it was leftover steak with eggs for breakfast and then we went to Ramsey Center at school.
First we did a timed mile on the track. His number to beat was 15 minutes and he crushed it at 11:35. I was very impressed! Then we went in the weight room and I did "Grace" (30 clean and jerks) on the olympic platform in 9:35. I did it last week at Crossfit and it took over 13 minutes, so I think this was an improvement. Grady maxed out back squats at 255#, which is 30 pounds greater than his previous max. After weights we swam a few laps to cool down.
After working out we went to Ryan's, which is a buffet place. I love Ryan's because the food is well-prepared, more home-style than most restaurants so there isn't a ton of added sugar and butter to the food. Of course we have to control ourselves at a buffet, but we make our plan in advance and stick to it. If you can do that (see Mental Rehearsing in the tools for living) you can actually do really well at a buffet because you have complete control of what goes on your plate. Three extra veggie sides? Go for it!
No comments:
Post a Comment