Ever since my weigh-in I have been feeling super sad about food. I constantly think about baked goods like brownies and bread and cookies and resent that I can't just pig out on them. I want to buy myself a giant heart-shaped box of chocolate and dive in. I am absolutely not going to do it, but the cravings are constant, like an addict the first couple days after getting off their drug.
I eat my good power foods like I'm supposed to, and it doesn't taste good and it doesn't satisfy and I am constantly starving. I know this is just a phase and it will pass as long as I power through, but that doesn't make it any more enjoyable in the meantime.
I felt a little better when I got to Crossfit yesterday because I was happy to be thinking about working out instead of food for at least a couple of minutes. But then the workout was so tough that it just made me feel more miserable. I should have at least felt good after I completed it, but instead I was bitter that I have to work out and make myself feel that way instead of just saying screw it and eating donuts.
Believe it or not, this is not PMS. I wish it was, because then at least I could hang a label on it and know that it was not "real" and be sure that it would pass. I am sure that it will pass but it's a bummer not knowing why I even feel this way or what I can do about it. Just need to keep on keepin' on.
Hi! I'm Jennifer. I am a 36-year-old Air Force veteran and a graduate student at the University of Georgia. I have been a Lifetime Member at Weight Watchers since April, 2011, and I have been blogging my weight-loss experience semi-regularly since I began in January, 2010. I am currently employed as a receptionist at Weight Watchers, but the opinions expressed in this blog and its related pages are my own.
Thursday, February 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm sorry to hear that :(. You're doing amazing and have come such a long way! Do you have any idea how many calories you burn during cross fit? Those exercises seem crazy hard!
ReplyDeleteDid you end up giving up carbs? I get super depressed when I try to eliminate them.
Oh heck no! I won't ever completely eliminate carbs, but I do try to eat them in moderation and choose the good carbs whenever possible.
ReplyDelete