After I wrote my post yesterday, I thought some more about that weigh-in and realized something pretty important. Usually when I go over my points in a week, I gain, and then I spend the next day wailing about the fact that I can't go off even a little bit without gaining. Well last week spent 2 days not counting points, just eating (mostly healthy food that I cooked and one meal out) and drinking alcohol, and I still lost weight. It wasn't a whole bunch, but it was still a loss even on a week I wasn't perfect. I need to remember when that happens so that I don't scream and cry any time that it doesn't. At Weight Watchers, she calls that "getting away with it" but I prefer to think that I ate well enough the rest of the week and exercised so much that I had enough flex and activity points banked to make up for it.
So yesterday was good, too. I didn't do any specific form of exercise, but I did walk to downtown during my break to buy a book I needed, so I logged 11,221 steps at school. Not too shabby. Also at the end of the day I was walking to my car to go home and I was totally ready to just get on the road and be home. One of my favorite running songs came on the iPod (I won't say which) and I couldn't bear to walk while listening to it so I started running, backpack and all. I ran up a bunch of flights of stairs and had a lot of fun doing it.
In the evening I got weak and succumbed to a bunch of candy that we have in the house from a convenience store trade show. I wrote it down in my food journal and took it out of my flex points, but I'd still rather I hadn't done it at all. This evening I plan on picking up in the house and organizing so I will take the opportunity to manage my environment better and either toss the candy or put it somewhere where I don't have to look at it.
My trail run is tomorrow and I'm really looking forward to that. It's raining today, so I hope the trail won't be too muddy, but according to the forecast it is going to be beautiful tomorrow. I can't wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment