Saturday, February 19, 2011

Fun Weekend

My friend Lauri from Southern California is visiting and staying with us for a couple days. She got in yesterday evening and we're having a lot of fun catching up.

Before she got in I went to Crossfit after work last night and we did a team workout, "Tons of Fun". My partner and I had to lift some thousands of pounds of weight however we could work it out between us, alternating with running, and it was all for time. I ended up doing something like thirty-five 100# deadlifts and 2400 meters running and a bunch of other stuff for about 35 minutes. It was totally fun throughout.

In the evening I just had salad and grilled chicken and I avoided drinking alcohol with Grady and Lauri. I got up first thing this morning and ran four miles. I did Speedbump #1 and I ran laps around my neighborhood instead of doing the extra hilly long-distance run. It was still hard to keep up with the fastest speed but it felt good to achieve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment