Monday, May 24, 2010

Banking Points vs. Flex

Banking points is how I used to do it before the flex plan came out. I could bank up to 10 points (five per day), and since my range was essentially my minimum target plus five, that meant that I could go 15 points over on the third day, and even more if I had activity points that day. That's still a decent amount for a splurge for me.

I think that way was more restrictive, since I had to earn my bank ahead of time. I couldn't eat big within two days of resetting my week, which seemed kind of arbitrary, if helpful from a discipline standpoint. With flex there's more flexibility (ha! I just got that!), but it also requires more discipline not to burn them all up the first couple of days, or if I do, to stay eating at my minimum the rest of the week, which ends up happening to me more often than I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment