Grady and I have started training for the Warrior Dash and the Weight Watchers 5K. The Dash is only five weeks away and we have a lot of work to do, so we're planning on working out six days per week: three at Crossfit and three doing walking/running cardio endurance training around the neighborhood. This morning we did Couch to 5K, week one.
We had Crossfit last night and we were reminded why we are supposed to take rest days. Usually we go Monday, Wednesday, Friday but because of exams we had to go Tuesday, Thursday, Friday this week. We did deadlifts on Thursday and we were still totally sore for the workout on Friday. It was pretty miserable but we got through it.
After Crossfit we went to Earth Fare, which is a crunchy grocery store not unlike Trader Joe's. I hadn't been before but the lady at Trader Joe's pointed us there when we were looking for Shirataki noodles. We had to try them because everybody raves about how they have almost no carbs and no gluten and so few calories. It's a power food and Hungry Girl-approved and everything!
Oh my god, you guys. They were so gross! When I ate them, I felt like I was being punished. I had hit the Hershey's Miniatures pretty hard at work all day and I was down to my last three weekly flex points for dinner. I had noodles with veggies and tomato sauce on them for exactly 3 PPV. In the future when I am tempted by chocolate, I think I will look back on that meal and remember how I felt while I was eating it. Then maybe I'll save the points for regular noodles at dinner.
Tonight we have a party to go to, and since I am out of flex points I'm taking a power foods day. The party is for people at Crossfit so I figure if there's food there will be paleo options. Either way I'm not going to waste my limited daily points today on bread or sugar which will not satisfy me as well as power foods.
Hi! I'm Jennifer. I am a 36-year-old Air Force veteran and a graduate student at the University of Georgia. I have been a Lifetime Member at Weight Watchers since April, 2011, and I have been blogging my weight-loss experience semi-regularly since I began in January, 2010. I am currently employed as a receptionist at Weight Watchers, but the opinions expressed in this blog and its related pages are my own.
Saturday, April 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
yay! I'm glad you two are doing the Warrior Dash together. I can't wait to hear about it and see a picture of you guys in warrior helmets :).
ReplyDelete