Saturday, April 23, 2011

Saturday Update

So far, so good this weekend. Crossfit was excellent last night. The workout was a circuit of running, push presses, squats, and situps. Except for the presses, I'm really strong in all of those, so I got a great time. Also since I have started I have really improved in the basics, like for pushups I do the full regular pushup and I am improving in my assisted pullups a lot. I'm hopeful I'll be doing them unassisted eventually.

The best part was that after the workout, we had an awesome yoga cool-down and stretch. One of the trainers is certified in yoga, so they are starting to integrate more yoga into the gym. I'm so thrilled to be doing yoga again, and especially working with someone who can give me tips to improve since I have been doing it on my own for so long. With just one correction he was able to help me with my crow pose that I have been working on my own with forever and not getting anywhere.

Even more awesome was that Grady just jumped right in, totally fearless. He had never tried yoga before and he did a great job. He even had fun with it, too. He's such a great sport and so open-minded that it makes him a blast to work out with.

Today we went to Ryan's for brunch, which is a buffet place, and I had a great time. It's so awesome to be on maintenance. I was able to try a little bit of everything that looked good (within reason) without totally stressing myself out about it. I didn't go overboard and left feeling satisfied, neither deprived nor guilty. I think this is something I can get used to.

This afternoon I have training with Grady. It's either going to be a long-distance day or an interval day, his choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment