Monday, April 4, 2011

Good Day

This is a screen cap of the Weight Watchers app for iPhone. There's a tab to keep track of the "healthy checks" each day, and they synch up with the etools online, just like the points tracker does. I don't get every single square filled up every day, so it's an exceptionally good day when I do. I does help that I ate 56 points today, but at least they mostly came from good food.


I like Weight Watchers' holistic approach to weight loss. I feel like I can never stress enough how much more there is to it than just counting points. There is a huge pile of healthy habits we have to maintain daily to be healthy both physically and mentally. I think I get as much out of the "Tools for Living" and behavioral modification side of WW as I do from the Points system.

The app helps a lot, as does the iPhone in general and having constant access to this blog, and facebook, and everything and everybody out there that I count on for support.

Today I spent my long break walking around campus. It was a gorgeous day and I walked around for 90 minutes and logged over 12,000 steps on my pedometer. I got a little bit of a sunburn and some blisters on my feet, but it's all good.

Grady has exams tonight and Wednesday so we're going to Crossfit Tuesday and Thursday this week. It felt really weird not to go today, and Grady felt that way, too. It's just bizarre for me when my schedule gets messed with. I packed a gym bag this morning and everything. Anyway, we'll go after my Weight Watchers meeting tomorrow.

I'm looking forward to the meeting, as it will be the first I've been to since I got to goal. Between my vacation and school stuff, I keep being busy on Tuesday nights. I did drop by at the end of Jane's meeting last Tuesday because I needed to see her and tell her I got goal, and she gave me a big hug and she was real sweet.

I'm expecting to be back under goal tomorrow, if my home scale is any indication. It's amazing how diligently I am counting points right now, since it's necessary to do so to get an accurate count of how many points I need to maintain this weight. Where was all this diligence and motivation when I was losing?!

No comments:

Post a Comment